Tang's Game Ideas
All ideas in this wiki are copyrighted except those that were somebody else's idea to begin with. Contributions are accepted in the public domain or with dual copyright assignment unless otherwise stated.
These are components that I would need to create one or more games.
These games are entirely someone else's idea that I want to make clones of. I do not claim copyright to these ideas.
Remakes and Remixes
These are new ideas for extending existing games.
Plugins and Patches
These ideas are supposed to use an existing game engine.
2-d side perspective
Fighting games (like Double Dragon, Final Fight)
Other 2-d side-view games
2-d top-down action
2-d NES or SNES style
Alternate model RPGs (single-player)
3-d adventure games or similar
3-d first-person shooters
3-d starfighter games (like Wing Commander)
Online multiplayer games
These games can be played in some form.
These are games that I've decided should not be made for various reasons, usually that key gameplay/plot features are missing or have been forgotten or moved into another game idea.
- The open-source movement has built a few playing-card libraries.
- I've forgotten most of the features that I wanted to have in the game, and the idea of NPCs moving on their own schedules has been done.
Invasion of Privus C
- My first game idea from when I was about 10. It was supposed to be an epic platformer with gameplay like Rolling Thunder, an open world like Blaster Master, an assortment of weapons and items like Metal Gear, a leveling system like Zelda 2, and a really silly plotline. I've forgotten most of what I wanted to put in it.
- The in-jokes and references were from circa 2004. The game core might still be worth making.
- Michael Jackson died, so it's not as much fun to make fun of him.
- I grew out of “France Surrenders” jokes and it was to be nothing more than a Minesweeper clone.
- Puyo Puyo with chickens. Insufficient characterization.
Steve's Droid Defense
- A Space Invaders clone. Steve Jobs died, so the idea of Android droids attacking him is not as funny.
Warcrap: Beavis Vs. Butthead - All of the ideas worth keeping were moved into StarCrack